Sunday, October 2, 2011

I made it to the Cherokee Nation Headquarters... Tahlequah, Oklahoma









Is this the coolest writing ever or WHAT?!



A nice 8 hour drive and I am definitely teleported into a very exotic place indeed. My home for the next two weeks - The Best Western (kind of funny place to end up - considering) .. I find an Italian (Spaghetti western) restaurant to dine and read over the script as I figure there's no time like the night before my first set call to finally read the damn thing.. I am enjoying learning what the movie is really going to be about when my cell phone rings.... "Hi, This is Jeff, I am the second assistant director. I am calling to let you know that your call time is 10:15AM.(Thank God! I think to myself - as I had heard it was going to be 5:30.)
I asked him what I'd be doing my first day on the set and he said we're doing #132.. (Not knowing what that meant yet, I stayed quiet - hoping I could figure it out for myself. Then he offered : "It's towards the end."....Phew!...He gave me an address and bid me farewell.

Hum... #132... Let's see now.. What exactly will I be doing tomorrow?......OMFG...WTF!!?!?! GULP!








This reminds me of the first day I ever worked offshore in the oil fields of the Gulf of Mexico. There I was just as green as a gopher can be - Spotless hard hat, brand new pair of steel toed boots and my lunch kit.. It was quiet, there was luke warm and bitter black coffee on hand and as we were waiting for the helicopter to land who was to take us out to the rigs to work, I noticed something rather peculiar on the bulletin board. It was a typed letter asking for donations to the "flower fund"... Flower fund? - I asked.. The secretary matter of factly replied...."Oh yes, we take a collection for when the chopper goes down.. Why it happened just a few weeks ago..

I distinctly recall feeling faint as she finished her sentence and the helicopter's jet whine was approaching. I There's another really great part to this story but it's going to have to wait.. I am tired and tomorrow is obviously a big day. Wish me luck!

XOB

No comments:

Post a Comment